I usually make this roast recipe using chicken legs and love one is extremely fond of it. Few spices go into its making and ensure you marinate chicken legs for at least 3-4 hrs if not overnight and roast the chicken well. You can play around with the spices of your choice and add herbs like mint and rosemary.
- 4-5 chicken legs, make slits all over
- 1 tbsp ginger-garlic-green chilli paste
- 1/4 tsp red chilli powder
- 3/4 tsp black pepper pwd
- large pinch turmeric pwd
- 3/4 tbsp coriander powder
- large pinch cumin pwd
- pinch of garam masala pwd
- 1 tbsp hot and sweet tomato chilli sauce
- 2 1/2 tbsps hung yogurt
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- salt to taste
- 2 tbsps oil
- Marinate chicken legs with all the above ingredients except oil. Refrigerate and allow to marinate overnight or marinate for at least 3-4 hrs.
- Heat oil in cooking vessel, add curry leaves and chicken pieces along with the left over marinade if any. Cook on high for 3 mts, reduce flame to medium, place lid and cook for 10 mts. Reduce flame to low and cook for another 10 mts.
- Remove lid and cook till the water evaporates and roast on medium flame till well cooked. Serve warm with onion slices and lemon wedges.
Best Buy Chicken Legs at Meat Deli ShoppeBuy Now